11/25/18 – Part 4 is our sermon series, The Wedge.
- Sin is the great wedge that drives us from God
- Guilt is the condition our sin leaves us in
- Shame is the result of our condition
Read Genesis 3:1-10
- Genesis 3:2-3 Understand God’s commands
- Genesis 3:6 Assess the results of disobedience; Act contrary to God’s instruction
- Genesis 3:7 Become aware; recognize guilt; Discern exposure of separation from God; Guilt
- Genesis 3:10 Adorn and cover shame; Hide from God out of fear
Fear is an EMOTIONAL REACTION.
Deuteronomy 5:4-5; Psalm 56:3-4
Fear is an INTELLECTUAL ANTICIPATION
1 Samuel 21:12-13; Genesis 50:19-21
Fear is a REVERENT RESPONSE
Psalm 22:23; Psalm 33:8, 18